Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
5 ingredients, no baking or cooking required! The use of PB2 instead of prepared nut butter cuts down the calories and sugar. Great for a quick energy bite or to satisfy that chocolate craving!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup PB2 mixed with 3/8 cup water to make peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a food processor, chop the almonds until finely ground.
- Add the beans and process until they are well incorporated.
- Add the prepared PB2, honey and cocoa powder and process until smooth.
- Rolls into balls (I use a very small cookie scoop) and place on a tray.
- Freeze until firm. These can be kept in either the freezer or the refrigerator.
40 servings, 30 calories, 1g fat, 2g sugar, 1g protein