Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas
If you are looking for a salty, crunchy snack that satisfies, look no further than these chili lime roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas are packed with protein and roasting them completely transforms their texture. The combination of chili powder, lime juice, cumin and sea salt gives this snack a flavorful boost.
- 2 - 15 ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and blotted dry
- 3-4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- Pinch of dried herbs (rosemary & thyme or whatever you prefer) or fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so. Cooking times may vary so be prepared to adjust as needed.
- Check for doneness by taking a few chickpeas out of the oven and letting then sit for a minute. When they are really crunchy, remove the pan from the oven.
- Combine & whisk remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Once the chickpeas have cooked for a couple of minutes, add them to the mixture and stir to coat.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container after cooling completely.
Approximately 6 - 1/4 cup servings, 188 calories, 7g protein, 7g fat, 25g carbohydrates