Butternut Squash "Noodles" with Sausage & Mushrooms
Vegetable "noodles" aren't a new thing, but when I saw Butternut Squash noodles in the produce section, I had to try them! They are incredibly tasty, low in calories, high in nutrients and a bit whimsical!
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container (10.40 ounces) Butternut Squash Spirals
- 16 ounces mild Italian Sausage
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and mushrooms
- When the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have cooked down, add the sausage and seasonings
- Once the sausage is browned, add the butternut squash spirals. These are precooked, so they only need heating up.
- Once the butternut squash spirals are warm, remove from heat and serve! Garnish with a bit of freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Serves 6, 236 calories per serving, 6g carbohydrates, 12g protein, 18g fat