Light and fluffy oatmeal?? It's true!! Make a big batch of this and you'll have breakfast or a "sweet" treat at the ready. Oatmeal Souffle is great right out of the oven, but even better chilled!
- 1 cup extra thick rolled oats
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups berries (blueberries & raspberries work well)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a saucepan, cook oats, almond milk, cornstarch and salt for about 15 minutes over medium - medium/high heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- Once the oats have cooled, quickly stir in the egg yolks and lemon zest. Stir in the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites until semi-stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the oat mixture and transfer to the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
4 servings, 219 calories, 9.2g fat, 6.5g sugar, 9.4g protein