Parmesan & Garlic Crusted Salmon and Asparagus
This one-pan dish makes it easy to prepare a healthy and hearty dinner in just minutes, making it a great choice for a quick weeknight meal. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamins B6 and B12, vitamin D, selenium, niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and phosphorus... key elements of a body that runs fit. Whether you are new to working with fish or eat salmon regularly, this recipe is a great variant to your normal routine.
- 2 - 6 ounce Salmon fillets
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Pat salmon dry. Brush with 2 tablespoons of oil on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Place on lined baking sheet (if using salmon with skin, put skin side down).
- Place asparagus in a single layer around the salmon, drizzle with olive oil.
- Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the garlic and parmesan over both.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
Serves 2. 473 calories, 28g fat, 4g sugar, 45g protein