This recipe is ideal for those looking for a health breakfast that can be prepared ahead and then warmed up in seconds. Greek yogurt and egg whites give you a protein boost while broccoli provides dozens of vitamins and minerals as well as fiber. (Note: Since this recipe calls for egg whites only, we don't recommend freezing this quiche as it will take on a lot of water.)
- 4 ounces nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups liquid egg whites
- 10 ounces frozen brocolli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; Prepare a jumbo muffin pan by lightly coating each tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Defrost the frozen broccoli in the microwave or on the stove. Drain well and chop finely for better texture.
- Whisk together the egg whites, yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic and then combine with the broccoli and cheese.
- Pour mixture into the muffin pan and bake until golden brown. The quiche will be finished when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (about 30 mintues).
Nutritional Information: 6 servings; 104 calories, 13g protein, 4g fat, 5g carbohydrates