Tequila Lime Shrimp
Feeling in the island mood? This recipe is quick, easy and has a zesty kick! Serve over your favorite whole grains or in a corn tortilla.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika (more or less depending on your personal preference)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat a skillet over medium head; add olive oil and sauce garlic for about one minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and continue to cook until the shrimp are pink all the way through.
- Add the tequila, and lime juice; toss to thoroughly combine the mixture.
- Add the cilantro or parsley just before serving.
Nutritional Information: 2 Servings, 273 calories, 30g protein, 9g fat, 4g carbohydrates